Elf Cosmetics has finally launched in the UK, and its about time. I know im probably the last person reviewing them, i know😩 BUT i made a trip to the local Superdrug back in May and now its August… But hey at least i took some time reviewing it😂
Ive heard all about Elf from American youtubers raving about their products and how its such good quality for an affordable price. They’ve been praised as, ” Quality cosmetics at affordable prices” and “quality skincare selling products largely at $1, $3 and $6 price points”. Fun fact alert: ELF stands for Eyes, lips and Face, and not the Elf movie, oh well😂😩 But ive heard so many good things about their primers and face products so thats what i dived into!
There was SO much to choose from, so many primers, foundations, concealers and a whole ton of different types of powders for skin types. To be honest, after the horror ive had with the NYX setting powder for not doing anything and making me look ashy, (i’ll link it here so you can see), i’m a little skeptical of drugstore powders. They looked incredible but i’ll have to do my research first and then have a go. I must have spent an hour deciding on what to get. Finally, i chose the primer that would suit me best and a cute little brush and bronzer kit to start with.
- Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer – Out of all the face primers catering for redness and correcting bloctchy skin, sensitive skin, uneven skin and for brightening, i felt this one would work best for me because it claims to “combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines…. so makeup goes on evenly for a long lasting finish”.
- I first used this on a very hot day it must have been about 26 degrees. It was boiling. The primer comes out of a pump so 10 points for that, i hate fiddling around. It felt quite thick and siliconey (if that makes sense) a bit lighter feeling than the Benefit porefessional but heavier than the Loreal Infallible Primer. I got a bit put off as it was so hot and i wasnt keen in a thick primer. Once rubbed in however and fanned down a bit, it melted into the skin. AND MY NOSE LET ME TELL YOU. The pores were gone. It really covered the giant craters on my nose. The grand canyon was gone!
- Throughout the day, i made notes on how my makeup looked because as a reminder i bought this in may. The foundation applied smoothly as it claimed to and throughout the day i really stared closely in my mirror. With powder on top to set it of course, it did a pretty good job. My makeup stayed put. At the end of the day, i did notice the sides of my nose spread out to my cheeks getting a little oily but it wasnt a huge deal for me. I must have used this about 10 times and overall im quite pleased with it. I tend to reach for this rather then my porefessional so thats saying something!
- My sister who doesnt know much about makeup thought the primer cost, in her words “Like £50” because it looks expensive. Little does she know that this baby cost me ONLY £7.50. *Mic drop*. I think shes right to think it looks expensive because look at that packaging, the frosted glass that oh so reminds me of the Marc Jacobs coconut primer. Its beautiful.
- Finally i give this primer a good 9/10, my only concern is that i wish it was a lot lighter feeling but overall, its a great buy
- Elf contouring Blush and Bronzing powder in Fiji – Again, there was a lot to choose from and i definitly will be diving into their contour kits, their highlighters, blush palettes and eyeshadow palettes. This little duo appealed to me the most, i really like the colours its in my lovely little comfort zone
- It claims to create, “a healthy and natural glow… for a pop of colour and contour for a beautiful definition”
- Lets talk about the price first. Its a fiver. Its only £5.00! I cant say enough how pleased i am with this kit. I really love blush, i would always choose blush over contour any day
- The blush is exceptionally lovely its a fresh pop of colour, a gorgeous light pink. I use the bronzer mostly for a quick powder nose contour. Its not a warm sun kissed like bronzer, it actually works beautifully for a subtle nose contour which is strange but it does the job!
- I dont always wear foundation, we have those days when theres just no time. So, i stick some concealer under my eyes and i use this kit for the no make up make up look and its perfect. You cant really tell i have blush on or a bit of bronzer, it really is a staple makeup product for me now and doesnt the packaging look like NARS!
Overall, its top quality, great makeup that doesnt break the bank. Love it love it love it. I will be diving into more products from ELF and i really recommend to try them out. It wont dissapoint!.
That concludes my review, see you in my next post!
Love from Sahibah x
(Pictures taken with my nifty little S6) x